Friday, November 26, 2010

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me....

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I did! I ran my first 5K. I actually thought I'd walk a lot more than I did, but I guess the adrenaline rush with everyone around you running keeps you going. It was a lot of fun! I have a picture of me, but it is on my camera somewhere. I'll add it later!

On to day 4 of the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge :)



Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season

I think some of the most fun things that cuts down on spending is Secret Santa or White Elephant. Both are a lot of fun and require you to just purchase one gift. You set a price range that works for everyone so that everyone is able to participate and then have a lot of fun.

When I was in the youth group at church we do white elephant gives and it was so much fun. There was one expected gift every year and everyone wanted it. One of the dads worked for the county and was able to get old street signs and they'd give them as a gift. So everyone wanted their turn to be just right to where the gift was stolen 3 times and nobody else could get it. Definitely a blast :)

Another thing you could do is make homemade gifts. You can find things on sale and make something great if you want to save money.


2 comments:

Kit said...

great job on your 5K!

Marah said...

great tips!

i'm your newest follower from the 12 days of christmas challenge.

i'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back!

http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com