Wednesday, December 1, 2010

On the 9th day of Christmas...


Day 9: Favorite Holiday Recipe

Honestly, I don't know the technical name of this recipe. My Memere (grandma) used to make this for different holidays. Now that she's not really into cooking anymore, my aunt makes it. She made it for me this summer when I was visiting my family in Maine, since I'm never there for the holidays :(

I asked her for the recipe so that I could make it for a potluck at work on Black Friday, it was a huge hit :)

I call it: Chocolate Graham Cracker Pie

It is the EASIEST recipe ever, and hopefully not a family one I'm giving away! Don't tell my Memere, JUST in case ;)

What you need:


2 Conatiners of whipping cream (my aunt didn't tell me the size, but I got the medium one out of the three they had).


Chocolate Syrup (This is personal preference, I kept going until it was the right color and taste for me)


1.5 boxes of graham crackers (I used honey, because they added a bit more sweetness) The amount you use will vary on the what size dish and how many layers you wish to make.

Directions:

1. Whip cream while adding the chocolate syrup (however much you'd like) until the cream starts to stiffen.

2. Then you start layering. Start with a layer of the cream/chocolate mixture, then a layer of graham crackers. Continue this until you have your desired thickness (ending with the cream/chocolate topping). 

3. Refrigerate - I made this the night before to give the graham crackers time to soften, it turned out perfect.

This is so easy, but SO good :)

2 comments:

Molly said...

This sounds SO good!

Thanks for sharing :)

Kit said...

This sounds very good!