Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Don't worry, Be Happy, Y'all!

My advice is to start each day with a smile. To be a happy individual and to create your own happiness. I don't rely on other people to make me happy. You need to be able to be happy by yourself. Obviously, that does not mean don't let other people make you happier.

People always ask me why I'm always smiling and what makes me so happy. I don't have an answer or than: I want to be. That does not mean I don't have bad days or that I never lose it. I have horrible days, days where all I want to do is cry, but I don't let it keep me down. I fight to be happy. I will listen to positive music, especially Christian music. The messages in those songs really help me realize that things get better, tomorrow is a new day, things could always be worse.

I haven't always been so positive. I've been at the point where I thought the world was out to get me. It just took some time to realize that I can't blame everyone but myself for the problems in my life. Maybe studying Psychology in college helped with this, but I've decided to be happy. I've decided not to beat myself up when I have a bad day or just want to be alone. I need to do what I can to make sure that I'm happy.  I try to go to bed in a good mood - to handle any negativity before I go to sleep.

Here are a couple of those songs I'm talking about:

Need You Now by Plumb


Before The Morning by Josh Wilson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found you through the link up. Such good advice!