Let me just say that this was the first Memorial Day weekend I did not have to work - yay grown up job. It was amazing... just being able to not have to get ready for work for 3 days! Saturday Bobo graduated High School - I am still in denial. She might night be direct family, but I do consider her a baby sister. She was top 5% of her class and graduated with high honors. She's a smart girl and I am so proud of her.
After sitting in 500 degree temperatures for 2 hours... or maybe just 80s-90s, it was time for a nap. I slept about 2 hours, which was amazing. I am so not a nap person, but the heat wore me out. Sunday the bf and I went to do a little shopping, so we could cook out for dinner, and get some things for his dog. Then we were lazy the rest of the day watching movies.
Monday was just a plain lazy day - I loved it. Every now and then, those are just necessary. I never thought I'd miss them so much when I got a full time job. Yes, I get the weekends off, but I seem to always have something to do on the weekends, or I am in a cleaning mood, because nothing gets cleaned over the weekend.
Now, I am back at work (on my lunch break, promise!)... and I am not very busy, which is nice, but also makes the day drag. Short week though! :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and took the time to remember why we have this day off. Thank you to those that have sacrificed their lives to protect our freedom. Also, thank you to those that continue to fight and put yourselves in harms way to protect us.

2 comments:
i'm glad you got the day off and had fun. my hub was surprised to have the holiday off even though he's had his grown up job for years lol
So glad that you had such a good holiday weekend. Yay for short workweeks.
Post a Comment